SAN Storage Testing
Testing Linux multipathd SAN paths
- Format and mount the SAN LUN.
- Start a write to the mounted filesystem cat /dev/zero » /pathto/mnt/testfile &
- Now connect to the multipath daemon in interactive mode multipathd -k
- View current paths with show maps topology
multipathd> show maps topology reload: mpath5 (360060e801045249004f2a5f900000031) dm-7 HITACHI,DF600F [size=128G][features=0][hwhandler=0][rw] \_ round-robin 0 [prio=1][active] \_ 1:0:0:4 sdb 8:16 [active][ready] \_ round-robin 0 [prio=0][enabled] \_ 2:0:0:4 sdc 8:32 [active][ready]
5. There are two paths shown as sdb and sdc. Delete one path.
del path sdb
6. Suspend with ctrl-z and check that the write is still happening.
ls -l /pathto/mnt If testfile is still growing then the path sdc is working.
7. Resume multipath with fg 2. Re-add the path.
add path sdb
8. Now remove the other path.
del path sdc
9. Again suspend with ctrl-z and check that the test file is growing. If so then resume multipath and re-add the path.
add path sdc
10. Testing complete. Exit with ctrl-c. Kill the write job with kill %1. Remove the test file.