Accessing Lync with Pidgin
Note, this page is rather old and may be out of date.
[root@e6410 ~]# yum install pidgin-evolution pidgin-sipe finch
- Protocol - Office Communicator
- Username - <your email address>
- Login - DOMAIN\<MAD DOMAIN LOGIN username>
- Password - <Your MAD Password>
- Local Alias - <your real name>
- Connection type - Auto
- Authentication Scheme - TLS-DSK or NTLM, not sure which is best.
- Use Single Sign-on - Tick
You can add Buddies from an XML file, but you need to enable the “List Manager” plugin.
To set up an alias, use the following format for the username:-
This page gives some more information on xmpp IM names:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XMPP#Decentralization_and_addressing
See LDAP - playing with Microsoft AD (MAD) for a script to extract SIP: from MS LDAP.
Also tested now is voice, person to person works fine, not sure where the join conference info is. If you start a person to person call and then add more people in, it works with all participants too.